Current Affairs of April 2020 with Latest Current affairs PDF for the readiness of Bank Exam – PO and assistant, SSC, Railways, and Insurance. Our Current Affairs of April 2020 PDF covers different segments like National Current Affairs April 2020, business and economy, Indian and International affairs 2020, protection, condition current affairs, people and numerous for Sarkari Exam preparing applicants.
Daily Current Affairs News for GK
30th April, Current Affairs
- Veteran Bollywood Actor Rishi Kapoor Passes Away at the age of 67
- Banker Suresh N Patel becomes new Vigilance Commissioner
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan activities to be expanded during monsoon
- US aid agency announces additional $3 million to support India’s battle against COVID-19
- Task Force on National Infrastructure Pipeline submits final report to Finance Minister
- APEC economy to be reduced by 2.7 per cent in 2020
- Housing Ministry to issue advisory to save interest of homebuyers, real estate stakeholders
29th April, Current Affairs
- CSIR starts the trial on anti- leprosy drug for COVID-19 vaccine
- India will be able to produce RT-PCR testing kits by May end
- BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting: BRICS nations pledge $15 billion for revival of economies
- India loses hosting rights of 2021 Men’s World Boxing Championship –
- Men’s World Boxing Championship hosting rights have now been given to Serbia
- Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan passes away at 53
28th April, Current Affairs
- India becomes third largest military spender in the world
- Hydrogen fuel electric buses and cars for Delhi and Leh
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries to consider first rights issue in 30 years
- US President Donald Trump rules out changing dates of Presidential Election 2020
- SC directs Centre to adopt ‘one nation, one ration card’ scheme
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games chief stated that the games will not take place if Coronavirus pandemic will not be controlled by 2021.
27th April, Current Affairs
- Serum Institute to develop Oxford’s COVID-19 vaccine
- 15th Finance Commission Meeting Highlights: Recovery of economy to be gradual, real GDP growth to be revised
- Largest Ozone Layer hole heals itself over Arctic
- RBI announces special liquidity support worth Rs 50,000 crore to mutual funds
- King George Medical University becomes first govt. hospital to launch Plasma Therapy for COVID-19
- Saudi Arabia ends death penalty for minors
- JioMart launched on WhatsApp: What is its Number, How to place order of groceries & Know key features
26th April, Current Affairs
- Pakistan’s Navy successfully test-fires anti-ship missiles
25th April, Current Affairs
- SC strengthens anti-narcotics law
- E-Gram Swaraj Portal & Swamitva Scheme Launched
- ISRO invites proposals for development of technologies for India’s manned space programme
- NGT directs Centre, State for scientific disposal of COVID-19 waste
- Government declares banking industry as public utility service till October 21
24th April, Current Affairs
- Defence Minister launched DRDO mobile testing lab
- China donates additional $30 million for WHO to fight COVID-19
- National Panchayati Raj Day 2020: PM Modi launches e-GramSwaraj Portal, Swamitva Scheme
- Remittances to India likely to fall by 23%: World Bank
- IIT-Roorkee professor develops software to detect COVID-19 within 5 seconds
- Tianwen-1: China names its first Mars mission ‘Tianwen-1’; launch planned for later this year
- Scientists discover 19 interstellar asteroids hiding in plain sight
23rd April, Current Affairs
- COVID-19: India helps Nepal with 23 tonnes of medicines
- Usha Ganguly, veteran theatre actor passes away
- MSMEs to get Liquidity support scheme from SIDBI
- Epidemic Act amended: Penalty for any violence against health care workers increased to 7 years in Jail
- Government reconstitutes National Shipping Board, Malini Shankar appointed as new head
- PV sindhu named ambassador for BWF’s ‘i am badminton’ campaign
- Lockdown results in lower air pollution levels in north India: NASA
- US President signs order to temporarily suspend immigration to US amid COVID-19 outbreak
22nd April, Current Affairs
- Facebook buys 9.99% stake in Reliance Jio platform
- Advisory Council of 15th Finance Commission to convene on April 23-24
- Iran has launched its first military satellite into orbit: Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps
- World Press Freedom Index 2020: India ranks 142, drops down by two places
- India co-sponsors UN resolution on equal access to COVID-19 vaccines
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar participated in the G-20 Agriculture Ministers Meeting that addressed the COVID-19 impact on food security, safety and nutrition.
21st April, Current Affairs
- COVID India Seva: Interactive platform launched by the government
- World Earth Day 2020 to be celebrated amid COVID-19
- US President appoints Indian-American Sudarsanam Babu to National Science Board
- Tom and Jerry director, Oscar winning animated filmmaker Gene Deitch passes away at 95
- NDB should increase emergency facility to USD 10 billion: Finance Minister
- The US oil prices turned negative for the first time in history on April 20.
- US President to temporarily suspend immigration to US amid COVID-19 outbreak
Weekly Current Affairs Quize
20th April, Current Affairs
- Govt forms high-level task force to enable COVID-19 vaccine development
- Government issues clarification regarding Section 115BAC of Income-tax Act, 1961
- Government transfers Rs 36,659 crore to 16.01 crore beneficiaries amid COVID-19 lockdown
- New Draft of Electricity Amendment Bill introduced by Power Ministry
- G-20 Health Ministers meet, Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan highlighted India’s ‘pre-emptive and proactive’ approach to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NASA to launch first crewed US mission to space station since 2011
- 17 Point Guidelines by Agriculture Ministry for safe farming operations
19th April, Current Affairs
- CBDT issues Rs 5204 Crore as I-T refunds, relief to MSMEs in last 10 days amid COVID-19 crisis
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman attends 101st meeting of IMF-World Bank’s Development Committee
- UN Chief Antonio Guterres lauds India for helping others in the fight against COVID-19
18th April – Current Affairs
- Viswanathan Anand named new ambassador of WWF India
- Krishi rath app launched for transportation of agricultural produce
- GBRC Scientists decodes whole genome sequence of Coronavirus
- RBI launches its latest quarterly survey ‘OBICUS’
- NASA finds ‘Earth-sized habitable zone planet’ around 300 light-years away via Keplar Telescope Data
- COVID-19 Lockdown Relaxation: Full Activities List allowed after 20 April as per MHA Guidelines
- India lifts ban on the export of formulations made from Paracetamol
- South Korea Election won by the ruling party amid COVID-19
- India to export hydroxychloroquine to 55 COVID-19-affected nations
- National Conference on Kharif Crops 2020 held through video conference
- RBI Governor address live: Reverse Repo Rate reduced by 25 basis points from 4 percent to 3.75 percent
17th April, Current Affairs
- World Heritage Day is observed today
- Government revises FDI Policy, bar automatic investments from neighboring countries
- The World Bank has praised India’s Aarogya Setu app that helps the government in tracking the spread of COVID-19 virus in the country.
- Chitra Gene LAMP-N: Kerala scientists develop low-cost COVID-19 diagnostic test kit
16th April – Current Affairs
- Red, Orange and Green Zones India’s Plan to handle COVID-19 pandemic: Complete Overview of Hotspots / Containment Strategy
- Survey of India to support the Aarogya Setu app in tracking COVID-19
- MHA advisory on Zoom: Zoom app “not safe” for private persons/ entities
- US President Donald Trump recently announced his decision to halt funding to the global health agency World Health Organization
- Finance Minister attends 2nd G20 Finance Ministerial Meeting
- Environment Ministry amends Environment Impact Assessment notification to ramp up production of bulk drugs
- Aarogya Setu becomes world’s fastest app to reach 50 million users
- Tour de France set to start on August 29
- National Surveillance Project: India- WHO to use polio surveillance network for COVID-19 response
- Coronavirus in Indian Bats: ICMR study found Coronavirus in two species of Indian bats
- DekhoApnaDesh: Ministry of tourism launches a new webinar series
- Guidelines for Lockdown 2.0: What will open and what will be closed?
- COVID Hotspots India: Centre identifies 170 districts as coronavirus hotspots
- Delhi COVID-19 Hotspot List: 2 More Areas added to Red Zone, Containment Zone Tally rises to 57
15th April – Current Affairs
- Coronavirus in Bats: Six new Coronaviruses discovered in bats in Myanmar
- Govt starts to call center for inter-state agricultural transportation
- Get Curfew e-Pass / Online pass for lockdown
- COVSACK: Kiosk for COVID-19 sample collection developed by DRDO
- India’s case tally crosses 11,000, Maharashtra worst-hit with 2687 cases
- India to host Asian Boxing Championships 2020
- MHA Guidelines on Lockdown: Home Ministry issues new guidelines for social distancing at workplaces.
- UP gets clearance for pool testing for COVID-19
- Remdesivir can be used to treat COVID-19: ICMR
- Pooled Testing that has been recommended by ICMR to speed up COVID-19 Test Results
- US halts WHO funding, Trump accuses global health agency of ‘covering up’ COVID-19 spread
- Global Economy to shrink in 2020, India to grow at 1.9%: IMF
14th April, Current Affairs
- The Government has decided to extend lockdown till 3rd of May.
- Nation remembers Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar on his 129th birth anniversary today.
- All passenger train services of Indian Railways including Premium trains, Mail, Express, Passenger and Suburban Trains, Kolkata Metro Rail, Konkan Railway and other such passenger services will remain suspended till the midnight of 3rd May
- Centre to bring ordinance to raise working hours for employees
- 7 Points announced by PM Modi to beat Covid-19: ‘Saptapadi’ promises to overcome Coronavirus
- Centre to bring ordinance to raise working hours for employees
- US approves sales of Harpoon missiles,torpedoes to India
- CII seeks quick relief for MSMEs, recommends prioritisation of sectors for economic revival
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: 32 cr Indians receive financial aid of Rs 29,352 cr amid lockdown
- CollabCAD: 3D product design software launched for the students
13th April, Current Affairs
- The retail inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) was 6.58% in February 2020 and 2.86% in March 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted people on the occasion of Baisakhi today.
- SC may restrict free COVID-19 testing in private labs to Ayushman Bharat card holders
- India to report slowest growth in FY21: World Bank
- Aarogya Setu app: World Bank praises India’s COVID-19 contact tracing app, Apple to build similar software
- Chinese Central Bank picks up 1.01% stake in HDFC
- Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana: More than Rs 5000 crore transferred to 7.15 Cr beneficiaries
- OPEC Deal: Oil price war ends with historic deal to cut production
12th April, Current Affairs
- Maharashtra, Telangana and West Bengal announce extension of lockdown till April 30.
- Easter is being celebrated across the globe today.
- The United States has overtaken Italy as the country with the highest number of deaths due to COVID-19 pandemic with the fatalities crossing 20,000.
- International Day of Human Space Flight 2020: History of Human in Space, Background and Other Details
11th April, Current Affairs
- Most States today requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend the lockdown for two more weeks during the Video Conference chaired by Mr Modi.
- 1035 fresh confirmed cases of novel Coronavirus or COVID- 19 have been reported in the country in the last 24 hours taking the total number to 7447. Out of these, 642 patients have recovered and discharged from the hospitals, while 239 patients have died.
- Bharat Padhe Online: HRD Ministry launched week-long campaign to improve online education
- G20 Energy Ministers Meeting: India calls for stable oil market with affordable prices
10th April, Current Affairs
- NPS Subscribers can do partial withdrawal for COVID-19 treatment
- PMO reviews COVID-19 response efforts: PPE production ramped up, testing progress satisfactory
- Operation SHIELD: Delhi Govt launches ‘Operation SHIELD’ in 21 Hotspot areas, Know all about it!
- Govt to deposit Rs. 1000 in Women PMJDY accounts
- NIV approves anti-body test kits for asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
- Swachhata App’s revised version launched for COVID-19 queries
- UNSC meeting on COVID-19: Member states disagree over UNSC role in Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus Treatment: ICMR approves plasma therapy for critically-ill COVID-19 patients
- Govt waives off customs duty on PPE, surgical masks, COVID-19 test kits
9th April, Current Affairs
- The union government today sanctioned Rs 15,000 crore to strengthen the fight against the Covid-19 virus. The amount has been released towards the ‘India Covid-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’.
- The Odisha government today announced it has extended the lockdown over the COVID-19 pandemic till April 30, becoming the first state to do so.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden is now the Democratic nominee for the American Presidential Race. Mr. Biden won the democratic nomination after US Senator Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the Presidential race.
- India’s GDP projected at 4.8% for 2020-21; COVID-19 to adversely impact Global Economy: UN ESCAP Report
- Govt to release Income Tax refunds of up to Rs. 5 lakh
- Mukesh Ambani top-ranked Indian in Forbes billionaires’ list 2020
- Bernie Sanders drops out of U.S. Presidential Elections Race 2020
- Supreme Court demands private COVID-19 tests to be free
- Centre extends 7th Economic census data collection period
8th April, Current Affairs
- The Income Tax Department has announced that it will release all pending income tax refunds upto Rs 5 lakh immediately to help ease Covid-19 burden.
- The Supreme Court has ordered private medical labs across the country to not charge patients for testing for Covid 19.
- Indian Researchers start working on genome sequencing of COVID-19
- UP Government to ‘completely seal’ 15 districts till April 13
- Japan declares emergency amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Indian-American Pharma firm pledges to donate 3.4 Hydroxychloroquine tablets
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey donates $1 billion to fight COVID-19
- SIDBI to provide emergency working capital up to Rs 1 crore to MSMEs
- COVID-19: China ends 76 days lockdown in Wuhan
7th April, Current Affairs
- World Health Day is being observed today. It is celebrated on 7 April every year to mark the anniversary of the founding of World Health Organization.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been shifted to intensive care unit (ICU) after his condition worsened.
- India today announced that it had rescinded its earlier ban on the export of malaria drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), which is now being used in countries such as the U.S. as a possible line of treatment for COVID-19.
- Jeevan: Indian Railways develops low-cost ventilator
- Rajasthan HC stays FIR against Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
- Great Barrier Reef suffers worst coral bleaching due to rising temperature
- US announces USD 2.9 million package aid for India to fight COVID-19
- NASA plans Artemis Base Camp to land human on moon by 2024
- Environment Ministry issues advisory regarding containment of COVID-19 in national parks, tiger reserves
6th April, Current Affairs
- The salaries of Central ministers and Members of parliament – starting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be slashed by 30 per cent for the coming year in view of the coronavirus outbreak. The Cabinet has decided to suspend MPLAD fund for two years from 2020-2021 to 2021-2022. He said, an amount to the tune of 7900 crore rupees will be accumulated and deposited in the consolidated Fund of India to fight COVID-19.
- Mahavir Jayanti being celebrated across the country today. 5th April, Current Affairs:
- US President Donald Trump had requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to supply hydroxychloroquine tablets that can be used to treat COVID-19 patients.
- The number of confirmed novel coronavirus cases in the country has climbed to more than 3,500 today while the death toll rose to 77. The Coronavirus pandemic has killed more than 45,000 people in Europe, around 85 percent of them in Italy, Spain, France and Britain.
- The Olympic Council of Asia announced that the third Asian Youth Games is to be held in China in November 2021.
- HRD Ministry launches COVID-19 student helpline portal
- Panic Buying can Impact Food Supply Chain: WPF
- EPFO to accept Aadhaar as birth proof to rectify birth date
- MK Arjunan, veteran Malayam music composer no more
4th April, Current Affairs
- 601 fresh confirmed cases of novel coronavirus or COVID- 19 have been reported in the country during last 24 hours taking the total number to 2902.
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup to be held in India in November postponed by the football’s world governing body due to the worsening COVID-19 pandemic.
3rd April, Current Affairs
- eNam gets new features to avoid mandis
- China to host Asian Youth Games in 2021
- UNGA resolution on COVID-19: UNGA calls for global solidarity to defeat COVID-19 pandemic
- IISc Bengaluru building ventilator prototype for COVID-19 patients
- Tony Lewis, co-inventor of Duckworth- Lewis Method dies at 78
- DRDO develops new bio suit with seam sealing glue
- AP Government begins doorstep delivery of pensions
- COVID-19: World Bank approves $1bn emergency fund for India
- PM Narendra Modi’s video message: Switch off lights this Sunday, light diyas, candles for 9 minutes at 9 pm on April 5
2nd April, Current Affairs
- President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu, Prime MinisterNarendra Modi and Information and Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar haveextented their greetings on the auspicious occasion of Ram Navami.
- Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method used in weather-affected limited overs cricket matches, has died aged 78.
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed today.
- COP26 Climate Change Summit Postponed
- Government launches National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID-19 Grievances
- Arogya Sanjeevani insurance policy to cover Covid-19
- Wimbledon canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Government notifies three incentive schemes to boost electronic manufacturing
1st April, Current Affairs
- The International Olympic Committee and the Japanese organisers have decided to hold the Olympics from July 23 to August 8 in Tokyo next year.
- The Centre has defined new domicile rule for Jammu and Kashmir which includes those who have lived in the Union Territory for 15 years
This section is a feed of Current Affairs March 2020 comprising all Current Affairs National and International importance published in March 2020 Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations. Current Affairs से जुड़े अपडेट और व्यूज लगातार हासिल करने के लिए हमारे साथ फेसबुक पेज और ट्विटर हैंडल के साथ लिंक्डइन पर जुड़ें और डाउनलोड करें Sarkari Naukri App