How to Join Indian Army 2022 Eligibility, Exams & Notification News – There are many ways to join the Indian Army. Indian Army Conduct Various Exams for 10th, 12th, ITI, Diploma Graduation Degree, Engineering Degree holder, Check more details like Online Form Notification, Age, Fees, Vacancy, Eligibility, Syllabus & Exam Pattern at SarkariRojgaar.com
How to Join Indian Army?
How to Join the Indian Army? Being a part of the Indian army is a difficult procedure that includes exams, training, and much more. It is one of the top jobs for 12th graders and a career that requires loyalty and perseverance. We will provide you with all the information you require about how to join the Indian army through our blog. Please bookmark our website and read our article carefully.
|Organization name||Indian Army|
|Exam name||NDA/ CDS/ TES/ Technical/ Non-Technical/ UPSC Entry/ Direct Entry/ Tradesman GD & DB|
|Job location||All India|
|Exam date||Post Wise|
How to Join Indian Army After 10th Exam?
In most cases, a candidate can join the army after completing their 10th grade and achieving an aggregate grade of at least 40% to 45 percent. They can only apply for two positions, however:
- Soldier Tradesman
- General Duty
The Indian Army will perform a physical fitness test, a written exam, and a medical test as part of the selection process.
How to Join Indian Army After 12th Exam?
After completing 12th grade, individuals can join the Indian Army in one of two methods. The following are the details:
- National Defense Academy
- Technical Entry Scheme (TES)
National Defense Academy
The Joint Defence Service Training Institute of the Indian Armed Forces is the National Defense Academy. Before moving on to their separate training institutes for additional training, all army candidates for the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force train together here. Candidates for admission to these top academies must pass the following tests:
- Obtaining a passing score on the UPSC-conducted NDA written exam
- Clearing the Interview Round of the Services Selection Board
- The candidate must pass the Medical Test after passing the Interview Round.
The final merit list is published based on these three rounds, and the selected candidates are trained for three years before being sent to their different training schools for a year of training before being granted a commission. A full-time undergraduate degree in BA, BSc, or BCs is also available to the candidates. Candidates receive substantial training in outdoor activities such as exercises, PT, and one foreign language up to the B1 level in addition to their academic preparation.
NOTE: Only unmarried male candidates between the ages of 161/2 and 191/2 are eligible to apply for this academy. They must also pass a recognized university or board’s 12th grade.
Technical Entry Scheme ( TES)
The Technical Scheme Examination is also an option for those interested in joining the Indian Army. This exam is only open to unmarried male applicants who have completed their 12th grade in physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Candidates are evaluated based on their 10 + 2 scores, following which they will be asked to attend an interview with the Services Selection Board.
The chosen applicants are then enrolled in a B.E. course in the stream of their choice and trained for four years for the army’s lieutenant level. The cadet will be issued a permanent commission in the Army and the rank of lieutenant upon completion of the school.
How to Join Women in Indian Army?
Women were first allowed to formally join the Indian Army and serve their country in 1992. Since then, over 1200 women cadets have been commissioned into various branches of the Indian Army. The following are the several ways in which women can join the Indian Army:
- UPSC Entry/ Short Service Commission ( Non-Technical)
- Non-UPSC Entry
- NCC Special Entry
- Judge Advocate General
- UPSC Entry ( Technical)
UPSC Entry/ Short Service Commission ( Non-Technical)
Women who don’t have an engineering degree are classified as short service commission (Non-Technical). They are chosen after taking a written test. Cadets who pass the written exam will be selected to participate in an interview with the Services Selection Board.
The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Unmarried Female candidates aged 19 to 25 are eligible to apply.
- They must also be graduates of a recognized university and have passed a board exam.
- They must pass the UPSC’s Combined Defence Service Examination, which takes place twice a year.
- Every six months, 12 women will be chosen on the basis of merit and will be enrolled in training. After passing the CDS, selected applicants would attend the OTA (Officers Training Academy) in Chennai for 49 weeks of intensive training.
Women can join the Indian Army through the NCC Special Entry or Judge Advocate General Entry under the NON-UPSC Entry.
NCC Special Entry
This is a type of direct access for women that do not need them to take an entrance exam. The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Female candidates between the ages of 19 and 25 are eligible to apply.
- They must have a graduation rate of at least 50% and a valid NCC ‘C’ certificate with a minimum ‘B’ grade.
- Selected Women Candidates Sent to the OTA in Chennai for training.
- They will go through a 49-week intensive training program.
Judge Advocate General
The Joint Advocate General is a unit of the Indian Army tasked with providing legal assistance to the military, particularly in areas of court-martials and military law. The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Female LLBs between the ages of 21 and 27 are eligible to apply.
- The female must have received a 55 percent grade in LLB and be a member of the Bar Council of India or have completed a Bar Council of India-approved law course.
- The Advocate General Branch selects four women every six months.
- 49 weeks Training after a brief induction period.
UPSC Entry ( Technical)
This is a single entrance program for women with a background in engineering. Under this entry, there will be no written exam. The candidates are chosen completely on the basis of merit.
- Unmarried females between the ages of 21 and 27 are eligible to apply.
- The merit cut-off fluctuates from year to year.
- Every six months, twenty women are chosen from a merit list.
- They will be joining as Short Service Commission Officers after completing the 49-week training at OTA Chennai.
Exams to Qualify
The most popular and preferred method of entering the Indian Army is to pass a nationally written examination. These exams are held by various authorities and go by various titles. We will inform you about this way of how to join the Indian Army through some of the most important written tests.
National Defence Academy (NDA)- I & II
With the basic criteria of completing class 12th, the NDA exam is one of the most popular methods to join the Indian army. The exam is conducted twice a year, NDA 1 and NDA 2. Only unmarried male candidates between the ages of 16 and 19 are eligible to appear in the exam. The written test will be divided into two sections following below.
|Paper||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration||Marks (Total=900)|
|100+ 50||2.5 hours||600|
Combined Defence Services I & II
The UPSC conducts the CDS exam, which is the entry for undergraduate students interested in joining the Indian army. CDS, like the NDA exam, is held twice a year and is solely open to unmarried male candidates. A graduate degree is required to enter the Indian Army through the CDS program. Candidates must also meet the specified age requirements. CDS Exam Pattern is shown in below table
|Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration ( in hours)|
Indian Territorial Army Exam
Those candidates who are interested in joining the army but are unable to take entry to the Indian Military Academy (IMA) through the NDA or CDS exams. The Territorial Army conducts a national level exam for fully employed male and female candidates between the ages of 18 and 42. To join the Indian army through this exam, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college in any field. ITA Exam Pattern is shown in the below table.
|2 hours||50 each||100|
|2 hours||50 each||100|
The Indian Army contains a number of boot camps in the type of recruitment rallies across the country to pick recruits without having to pass written exams. Soldier Technical, Store Keeper Technical, Soldier Tradesman, Soldier Nursing Assistant, and other technical positions are filled by the shortlisted individuals. Candidates interested in joining the Indian Army through this selection procedure should be advised that there are certain eligibility criteria for various positions, which are followed by a physical ability exam. Here are some direct admission selection procedures to consider if you choose to go this path:
- Short Service Commission (SSC) Tech (men)
- Short Service Commission (SSC) Tech (women)
- University Entry Scheme
- Technical Entry Scheme
- Technical Graduate Course
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Judge Advocate General (JAG)
Here are some important documents (with photocopies) that candidates must bring to the venue in terms of getting quick entrance.
|Class 10th certificate as a birth date proof||Certificate for excellent background in sports|
|Class 10th & 12th mark sheet||NCC Certificate|
|Caste Certificate||Relationship Certificate if the candidate is a son of a serving soldier,|
Ex-serviceman or war widow issued
by SRO or CRO
Indian Army Training Institute in India
The leading Military and Defense Training Academies in India, where many young cadets are selected and trained for a career in the Indian Army, are listed below:
- National Defense Academy, Pune
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Army Cadet College, Dehradun
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
- Officers Training Academy, Bihar
- Rashtriya Military School, Karnataka
- Army School of Physical Training (ASPT), Pune
- Army War College, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian National Defence University (INDU), Haryana
Indian Army Recruitment 2022
Many aspiring young men and women aim to join the Indian Army and commit their life to the defence of their homeland. As a result, the Indian Army has announced its Indian Army Bharti 2022 and recruitment rally for 2022 in various regions of the country.
How to Join Indian Army? Frequency Asked Question (FAQ)
Answer: This form can be filled by candidates who passed the 10th/ 12th/ Degree/ Diploma/ ITI/ Engineering Exam
Answer: Unmarried Men and Women with the Age Restriction.
Answer: The entrance date changed for Every Exam.