India is a land of ancient civilization. India’s social, economic, and cultural configurations. Indian history begins with the birth of the Indus Valley Civilization and the coming of the Aryans. And Modern History of India begins at the time of British Rule.
Multiple Type Questions and Answer
1.Who discovered indus valley civilisation?
(a) A.L.Basham (b) Dayaram Sahni (c) Sir Leonard Woolley (d) Sir john marshal
ans-(b) Dayaram Sahni
2. The local name of Mohenjodaro is?
(a) Mound of the great (b) Mound of the survivor (c) Mound of the living (d) Mound of the dead
ans-(d) Mound of the dead
3. The Harappan civilisation was discovered in the year?
(a) 1917 (b) 1923 (c) 1921 (d) 1913
4. Cotton for textile was first cultivated in?
(a) Mesopotamian (b) India (c) Egypt (d) Central America
5. Which river has no mention in rigveda?
(a) Periyar (b) Sindhu (c) Saraswati (d) Yamuna
6. The word Gotra occurs for the first time in?
(a) Rigveda (b) Atharvaveda (c) Samveda (d) Yajurveda
7. Which one of the following are known as National River of India?
(a) Ganga (b) Yamuna (c) Brahmaputra (d) Mahanadi
8. The Manu smriti mainly deals with?
(a) State craft (b) Social order (c) Laws (d) Economics
9. The expounder of yoga philosophy was?
(a) Gautam (b) Kapil (c) Patanjali (d) Sankaracharya
10. In ancient India, the earliest Capital of Magadha kingdom was at?
(a) Vaishali (b) Pataliputra (c) Varanasi (d) Rajgir
11. Who founded Pataliputra?
(a) Bimbisar (b) Udayin (c) Ashok (d) Mahapadma Nanda
12. Who was the founder of Nanda dynasty?
(a) Mahapadma Nanda (b) Dhanananda (c) Ajatasatru (d) Bimbisara
ans-(b) Mahapadma Nanda
13. Sacred book of Buddhists?
(a) Tripitaka (b) Agams (c) Upanishad (d) Ved
14. Name the clan Buddha belongs to?
(a) Sakya (b) Chalukya (c) Maurya (d) Kuru
15. Who wrote Buddha charita?
(a) Nagarjuna (b) Asvaghosha (c) Nagasena (d) Vasumitra
16. Which of the following places is associated with Jainism?
(a) Shravasti (b) Kapilvastu (c) Pava d-Prayag
17. Among the following who carries Jainism in South India?
(a) Bhadrabahu (b) Sudharmana (c) Indrabhuti (d) Sthulibhadra
18. Where was the first Buddhist Council Held?
(a) Gaya (b) Nalanda (c) Rajgriha (d) Bodh Gaya
19. Mahavira Jain Breathed his last at?
(a) Ranchi (b) Pawapuri (c) Samastipur (d) Rajgir
20. Chinese traveller Hiuen-Tsang studied at which university?
(a) Nalanda (b) Taxila (c) Vikramshila (d) Magadh
21. Prabhas Giri is a pilgrim spot of?
(a) Vaishnavam (b) Buddhists (c) Jain (d) Saivites
22. The Tripitaka was written in?
(a) Sanskrit (b) Brahmi (c) Kharosthi (d) Pali
23. The Oldest Dynasty of India?
(a) Gupta (b) Maurya (c) Kanva (d) Kushana
24. Kautilya’s Arthashastra deals in which stream?
(a) Economic life (b) Social life (c) Religious life (d) Political policies
ans-(d) Political policies
25. The last Mauryan Emperor was?
a-Brihadratha b-Jalok c-Avanti verma d-Nandi vardhana
26. The greatest development in the Kushana period was in the field of?
a-Art b-Religion c-Literature d-Architecture
27. The Capital of Kadamba kings was?
a-Badami b-Vanavasi c-Kanchi d-Tanjore
28. Who wrote Mricchakatika?
a-Banabhatta b-Kalhana c-Sudraka d-Vikramaditya
29. Two great religious conference were held by King Harshavardhana at?
a-Prayag and Thaneshwar b-Thaneshwar and Vallabhi c-Vallabhi and Prayag d-Kannauj and Prayag
ans-(d) Kannauj and Prayag
30. Panchtantra was written in which period?
a-Gupta period b-Maurya period c-Harsha Period d-Kanishka period
ans-(a) Gupta period
31. The cultivation of cereals first started in?
a-Paleolithic age b-Neolithic age c-Mesolithic age d-none of these
ans-(b) Neolithic age
32. Who built the Khajuraho temples?
a-Bundela b-Chandela c-Holkars d-Scindias
33. Who wrote Ramcharita?
a-Tulsidas b-Banabhatta c-Sandhyakar Nandi d-Kalidas
ans-(c) Sandhyakar Nandi
34. Mahabalipuram was established by which Dynasty?
a-Cholas b-Chalukyas c-Pandyas d-Pallavas
35. Which Chola King conquered Bengal?
a-Rajendra 1 b-Rajendra 2 c-Rajaraja d-Rajadhiraj
ans-(a) Rajendra 1
36. Where did the traveller Ibn Batuta come from?
a-Turkey b-Morocco c-Persia d-Central Asia
37. The Khalji sultans of Delhi were?
a-Afghans b-Turks c-Mongols d-A Jat tribe
38. The lodi dynasty was funded by?
a-Sikandar lodhi b-Bahlol lodhi c-Ibrahim lodhi d-none of these
ans-(b) Bahlol lodi
39. Who was the first women ruler of medieval India?
a-Chand Bibi b-Noorjahan c-Razia Sultan d-Durgavati
ans-(c) Razia Sultan
40. Who introduced the Iqta System?
a-Iltutmish b-Qutubuddin Aibak c-Alauddin Khalji d-Muhammad gori
41. Bijapur is known for its?
a-Gol Gumbaz b-Rock Temple C-Heavy Rainfall d-None of these
ans-(a) Gol Gumbaz
42. Sufi Kalam,a type of devotional music,is the characteristic of?
a-Rajasthan b-Kashmir c-Gujarat d-none of these
43. Bhakti movement was started by?
a-Surdas b-Tulsidas c-Sufi saints d-Alwar saints
ans-(d) Alwar saints
44. Who was the founder of the sufi order in india?
a-Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki b-Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti c-Shaikh Nasiruddin Mahmud d-Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya
ans-(b) Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti
45. Which sufi saint was called ‘Mehbub-i-llahi’?
a-Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya b-Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki c-Baba Farid d-Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti
ans-(a) Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya
46. The famous Kohinoor Diamond was produced from one of the mines in?
a-Bijapur b-Chhotanagpur c-Golconda d-Orissa
47. Where did Babur die?
a-Kabul b-Agra c-Delhi d-Lahore
48. Which one of the following terms is not associated with the Mughals?
a-Mansab b-Jital c-Jagir d-Dam
49. Mughal painting flourished during the reign of?
a-Aurangzeb b-Akbar c-Shahjahan d-Jahangir
50. The Moti Masjid in Agra was built during the reign of?
a-Shahjahan b-Humayun c-Shah Alam II d-Aurangzeb
51. Tulsidas composed his Ramacharitamanasa in the reign of?
a-Aurangzeb b-Babur c-Akbar d-Shahjahan
52. When did Akbar merged Bengal and Bihar in his empire?
a-1575A.D. b-1576A.D. c-1590A.D. d-1572A.D.
53. Who was called Zinda Pir in Mughal India?
a-Shan Jahan b-Jahangir c-Aurangzeb d-Akbar
54. Jaziya was reimposed during the reign of?
a-Shan Jahan b-Jahangir c-Aurangzeb d-Akbar
55. Where is the mausoleum of Shershah?
a-Delhi b-Kalinjar c-Sasaram d-Sonargaon
56. The Mughal Emperor who prohibited the use of Tobacco?
a-Akbar b-Jahangir c-Babur d-Aurangzeb
57. During the Mughal rule,the copper coin was known as?
a-Dam b-Tanaka c-Shamsi d-Rupee
58. The historian Abul Fazl was killed by?
a-Bairam Khan b-Udai singh c-Bir singhdeo bundela d-Hemu
ans-(c) Bir singhdeo bundela
59. Who was called ‘Chanakya of Maratha Politics’?
a-Balaji Viswanath b-Nana pharnabis c-Baji RaoII d-none of these
ans-(b) Nana pharnabis